carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Alpha & Omega (Alpha & Omega, #0.5)

Alpha & Omega - Patricia Briggs What a wonderful story! I read the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs last year and loved each book. I knew about the Alpha & Omega series but waited to start that series so that I would have something exciting to read in the future. With the third book in the Alpha & Omega series, Fair Game, being recently released, I have decided that the future is now. I am excited to read this series. I wanted to start at the beginning, so I re-read this novella. I had actually read this novella once before soon after its original release. I am finding that my memory is made up of Swiss cheese lately, so I thought a re-read was in order. This story did not disappoint even the second time and it actually had more meaning to me after having read other books by the author. The novella introduces Charles and Anna and sets some of the rules for werewolves in their world. The story sucks you in quickly and provides more entertainment than many 400 page books I have read. The author does a wonderful job of introducing characters and world building by weaving these things into the plot. In this short novella, we learn so much about what a werewolf pack should do according to the rules....and what happens when the rules are not followed. I am looking forward to reading the first full length book in the series - Cry Wolf.