carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Us by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy

Us - Elle Kennedy, Sarina Bowen

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I am so in love with Jamie and Wes. I have seen these books around and everyone seemed to be loving them. I finally understand what all the fuss was about. I really liked the first book in this series but I must say that I liked this one more. I loved getting the chance to see this pair during the next stage of their relationship. I am so glad that I finally made some room in my reading schedule for this wonderful series.

This book picks up shortly after the events of the first book. Jamie and Wes are a couple and are happy living together in their apartment. Wes is just starting his NHL career and feels like it would be best to wait until after his first year before letting anyone know that he likes men instead of women. It's not ideal but they are dealing with it. Things get a little more complicated when Wes's teammate, Blake, decided to move into the building and be their new best friend.

There are so many books out there that show a couple falling in love and those books are great. I love reading a good story about a couple falling for each other but there is something special about a book that shows an established couple making things work. The way these two feel about each other is never in question in this story. This was about making things work when it is difficult, communicating and working through problems, and giving a little space when necessary. I knew that these two would make it work but it was fantastic to see it happen.

The characters are fantastic in this book. I knew going into the book that I loved Jamie and Wes and I still do. I just love them more. They are both funny at times and so sincere with each other. I did not expect Blake. Blake made this book even better. I started off being rather annoyed by him but he completely grew on me and by the end of the book, I loved him just as much as Jamie and Wes.

The narration of this book was outstanding. Both Teddy Hamilton and Jacob Morgan did a wonderful job with this story. I think that they totally captured the characters' personalities perfectly. They both handled a wide range of emotions very well. I am pretty sure that I liked this book just a little more simply because of their narration.

I would highly recommend this series to others. Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy are a fabulous writing team and this book is proof. I fell in love with these characters and couldn't wait to see them make it as a couple. I plan to read much more from these authors including Good Boy which tells Blake's story.

Initial Thoughts
Somewhere between 4 and 5 stars so I will go with 4 for now but that might change. I might have liked this one even more than the first book in the series. Jamie and Wes are awesome and I really enjoyed watching them work though some pretty big issues in this book. I will most definitely be picking up Blake's book, Good Boy, very soon. The narration of this book was phenomenal.

Book source: Purchased