carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

New World by Kate L. Mary

New World (Broken World Book 5) - Kate L. Mary, Emily Teng

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I really enjoyed this one! I have been having such a good time with this series and am so glad that I happened upon it. This book is the fifth book in the Broken World series which really does need to be read in order since each book picks up right where the previous one left off. At this point, I really feel like I know all of these characters and am eager to see them survive in their harsh world. This book was just a really great read.

This book is told from four different points of view. We get to see things from Axl's and Vivian's point of view with their group inside the gated community and from Hadley's and Jon's inside the town of Hope Springs. I really like the fact that the author has used different points of view from book to book because it really does serve to give a much broader view of the world. Each of the four characters really did have a lot to add to the overall story.

Vivian and Axl are with the main group inside a gated community. Things are actually pretty good but supplies are running low and the morale is even lower. This group has had to deal with a lot of really difficult loses and some are not able to move on. Both Vivian and Axl are leaders in their group and they take that responsibility very seriously working hard to keep everyone safe and fed.

Hadley, or Ginny, and Jon have settled into Hope Springs. Hadley is sheltered within the community because they see her pregnancy as the hope for the future. Jon is put to work clearing streets and looking for survivors. He meets some people that he knows he can trust with his life and others he wouldn't turn his back on. It was really nice to get to see them living and almost normal life.

This book was pretty exciting. The zombies were not quite as dangerous since they are moving slowly in the winter but there was still a lot of action to go around. We had to say goodbye to a few characters. I really enjoyed watching Jon and Ginny's relationship develop in this book. There is no doubt that they care about each other just as much as Vivian and Axl. The characters are so well done in this series and I have really enjoyed watching them grow over the course of the series.

I would definitely recommend this series to others. I think that this is a very well done series set in the zombie apocalypse built around fantastic characters. I cannot wait to see what will happen next!

Initial Thoughts
I enjoyed this one. This book is told from 4 points of view: Vivian, Axl, Ginny, and Jon. I think I am really liking all of these characters but it was really nice to get a glimpse inside of Jon's head. There were some pretty big developments in this book along with a couple of character deaths. I cannot wait to see what will happen next.

Books source: Kindle Unlimited