carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

My Kind of Wonderful by Jill Shalvis

My Kind of Wonderful - Jill Shalvis
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I had a fantastic time with this romance. I pulled this book from my virtual stack of past due review books. It was a great book so I have no idea why I waited so long to pick it up and read it. Of course, I have yet to read a Jill Shalvis book that I didn't like so it really is no surprise that I liked this one as much as I did. This is the second book in the Cedar Ridge series but it is easily read as a stand-alone novel.

Hud takes his responsibilities very seriously. He takes care of his mother and accepts all of the blame for his brother leaving town. He is very dedicated to his work and seems to be on the clock all the time. He wants no part of the mural for the resort that his mother has arranged. Bailey is ready to embrace life and do all of the things she has had to put off for so long. The first thing on her list that she wants to complete is the mural for the ski resort.

The characters in this book were great. Bailey has been through a lot but still has a very positive attitude and is looking forward to her future. Hudson is an incredibly hard worker who is dedicated to his family and doing what is right. Hudson has a large family that also work at the ski resort that played a big part of this story and were all a lot of fun. Bailey's loved ones wanted to protect her and keep her safe even though they didn't always seem to completely support her choices.

I loved Hud and Bailey together. The chemistry between them was amazing and I felt like these two really needed each other. Hudson saw Bailey as more than her illness and helped to give her back the sense of normal that she needed. Bailey added the balance to Hudson's life that he didn't realize he needed. I felt like both of these characters came alive every time they were together and I couldn't help but cheer them on towards their happily ever after.

I would recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance. This was a story filled with great chemistry, touching moments, and a lot of hope. I can't wait to read more from Jill Shalvis!

I received a digital review copy of this book from Forever (Grand Central Publishing).

Initial Thoughts
I pulled this book from my virtual stack of past due arcs. Why didn't I read this book years ago? It was great so I have no excuses. I read the first and third books in the series back when they were being published so skipping this one really made no sense. I love Hudson and Bailey together. The whole Kincaid family was great and I never felt like I was missing anything even though I remember very little from the other books in the series. These two had so much in common and their chemistry was off the charts. They have both been through so much and I was thrilled to see them find their happily ever after together.