carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Royal Heir by Ruth Cardello

Royal Heir - Ruth Cardello
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I liked this one but I think that it was the weakest book in the series for me. I don't usually look for royal romances and I am not really sure if I am a fan of the trope or not. I like the idea of a royal romance but I can't really think of any that I was excited to read either. I wanted to read this book because I really enjoyed the first two books from the series and wanted to see what would happen to the other members of the Westerly family. I was never completely hooked by this story but I did find it to be a decent listen.

I must say that I missed the family drama from the first two books. This book takes Rachelle overseas to be with her brother, Eric, who has been largely absent from the series. Many of the characters that I loved from the first two books were not even in the country for this one. Rachelle wasn't my favorite from the earlier books in the series so I really missed seeing the rest of the group.

I can't say that I really liked Magnus. I can see that he had some good qualities but I was never completely won over by him. I did like seeing Rachelle and Eric grow a bit closer and I thought that the charity work that the characters were involved in was quite touching.

I am glad that I listened to this book. Teri Clark Linden did a great job with the narration handling a large cast of characters with ease. She added a lot of excitement to the story. I think that readers who are fans of royal romances might like this one a bit more than I did.

Initial Thoughts
This was okay. I didn't like it nearly as much as the previous two books in the series. I think that I missed having all of the family drama that was in the first book. I didn't feel as much chemistry between Magnus and Rachelle as I would have liked. The narrator did a great job with the book.

Book source: Kindle Unlimited.