carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Artificial Condition by Martha Wells

Artificial Condition - Martha Wells

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I had a lot of fun with this story! This installment is my favorite of the three that are currently available in the series. I had kind of wondered where the series was going after the way the previous installment wrapped up but I trusted that Murderbot would not let me down and I was right.

Murderbot is on a mission to find out what really happened in its past. The SecUnit decides to hitch a ridge with a transport vessel and gets a little more than it bargained for in the process. ART isn't a mindless vehicle and challenges Murderbot and offers guidance and assistance. I really loved watching this unlikely pair work together on the mission.

This story had all of the excitement and action that I have come to expect from the series. The humor really added to the story and I thought that the interaction between ART and Murderbot was oftentimes quite comical. There was a pretty solid mystery that is tackled in this installment that kept me turning the pages.

Initial Thoughts
This was fun! I wondered what Murderbot's plan was at the end of the previous installment so it was great that this story picked up shortly after the first one. ART was great and I really enjoyed the interactions between ART and Murderbot. I really enjoyed the humor that was worked into the story as well.

Book source: Library