carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Bishop by Sawyer Bennett

Bishop - Sawyer Bennett

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This one was a winner! It didn't take much to get me excited about this book. Once I saw Sawyer Bennett's name on the cover and saw that it was about a hockey player, I knew that I had to read it. The fact that it is the first book in a new series is even better. I have really enjoyed the Cold Fury Hockey series but I was looking forward to meeting a new group of characters. I ended up having such a good time with Bishop!

Bishop has been added to the new expansion team, the Arizona Vengeance, and is new in town. The whole team has just been put together and he is excited to see how things will work out. He goes out to a local bar the night before his first team meeting and meets Brooke. The two end up spending one very steamy night together. Turns out Brooke is the coach's daughter and an employee of the team and things are not as simple as they thought it was going to be. When Brooke tells her father they are engaged, Bishop doesn't know what to think.

I don't always spend a lot of time reading book descriptions so I had no idea that this book was going to have a fake relationship. I love the fake relationship trope lately so I was really excited to see it play out in this book. These two had such great chemistry with each other so it was really no hardship for them to have to spend a little bit of extra time with each other. This fake relationship started looking pretty real to me rather quickly.

I really liked the characters. Bishop and Brooke were both new in town, having moved to Arizona to be a part of the new team. Brooke is dealing with a few more changes in her life since her new job isn't really what she wants to do long term but she feels like she needs to be there for her dad. Bishop wasn't really all that thrilled to have to move to the expansion team but he wants to make the most of it. There were a few of Bishop's teammates that played a pretty big role in the story and I really liked what they added as well. There was one character that was really hard to like in this book but it was kind of fun to see all the crazy things she was doing.

I would recommend this book to others. I had a great time with this romance and found it to be the perfect blend of great characters, steamy scenes, and heartfelt moments. I cannot wait to read more of this series by Sawyer Bennett!

I received a digital review copy of this book from Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept via NetGalley.

Initial Thoughts
This was a winner! I really didn't read the blurb for this one since I knew that I wouldn't want to pass up a Sawyer Bennett book about a hockey player. I love the fake relationship trope so this book worked really well for me. Bishop and Brooke were both great characters and I had a blast watching them fall for each other. The character causing all of the trouble in this book was so over the top that it was kind of fun to see what she would do next.