carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

I Think I Love You by Lauren Layne

I Think I Love You - Lauren Layne

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This was a fun little book! My actual rating is closer to 3.5 stars but I have decided to round up. I knew I would want to read this book as soon as I saw it. I have had a great time with the Oxford series so far so I had to see how everything would wrap up. This book is the fourth book in the Oxford series but it works perfectly well as a stand alone. This wasn't my favorite book in the series but I thought that it was a very enjoyable and solid story.

I thought that this was a well done friends to lovers story. Brit and Hunter are best buds and often tell others that they see each other as siblings. Brit tends to be pushed to the friend zone whenever she tries to start a relationship and she cannot figure out what she is doing wrong. She decides that she needs a man's perspective to help her seduce future potential suitors so she asks Hunter for instruction. You can probably guess how that is going to work out.

The story was pretty predictable in some ways but it was still a lot of fun to read. Even though I knew going in that Brit and Hunter were going to fall for each other, watching it happen was an enjoyable experience. I did think that it was a little strange how both of them felt no chemistry with each other but everything changed suddenly for both of them at the same time. Who knows...maybe it really happens like that. I do know that it great to watch them as the sparks started to fly.

I did like Brit and Hunter as a couple and individually as characters. Brit is ready for a relationship and isn't afraid to let others know. She knew what she wanted and was willing to do the work to make it happen. Hunter is happy with his life the way it is. He has some great friends including Brit and dates when he wants. Hunter does make some bad decisions in this book that did make me cringe more than a bit. As a couple, they worked really well. They knew each other really well and were very comfortable with each other. There were some pretty steamy scenes in this one.

I would recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance. This book had a lot of great elements including great characters, fun banter, heartfelt moments, and a bit of heat. I had a great time watching Brit and Hunter find their happily ever after. I look forward to reading more from Lauren Layne soon.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept via NetGalley.

Initial Thoughts
Maybe 3.5 stars but I am rounding up for now. I thought that the set up for this one was a little weird but I just went with it. I liked Hunter and Brit and thought that they worked well together. I did think it was a little strange that neither of them felt any spark before but then all of a sudden the chemistry was off the charts. It was pretty predictable but still an entertaining read.