carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

When Twilight Burns by Colleen Gleason

When Twilight Burns - Colleen Gleason

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I had a great time with this book! I had such a good time with the third book in this series that I had to start reading this installment right away. This is the fourth book in The Gardella Vampire Hunters which is a series that really needs to be read in order. This was a book that I wanted to read for hours at a time and was completely consumed by the story. I am so glad that I decided to pick this one up.

This book takes Victoria back to London and picks up right after the events of the previous book. Victoria has survived a really close call but not without a few lingering effects. She has a lot to deal with in her own life and will need to move since the heir to her late husband's title has been found. Victoria's mother is back to her match making ways and it appears that there is a vampire in London that is able to move around in the daytime. There is plenty of things going on in this book to keep the pages turning.

I love the excitement of these books but the characters are really what keeps me reading. Just when I think I know all the important stuff about this group of people, some vital piece of information is revealed that changes everything. I am not usually a fan of love triangles but I think that they way it was handled in this book made it work well. I feel like romance is part of the story but the fight against the vampires is always the focus. Victoria does not spend her time swooning over men. I like that she isn't afraid to take what she wants and I think that the chemistry between Victoria and both men felt very authentic. There were a lot of important developments between the characters in this installment.

I would recommend this series to fans of urban fiction. This series has really had everything that I look for in this kind of book with great characters, complex mysteries, and lot of action. I can't wait to read the next book in this fantastic series very soon.

Initial Thoughts
I am loving this series! There is a lot going on in this book and I wasn't sure how things would work out at times. I am really falling for these characters and I hate to see them come to harm or encounter any kind of pain. This book takes Victoria and the others back to London where there is a vampire that seems to be able to move in the daylight. There was a love triangle that played a rather big part of this story. I am not a big fan of love triangles but I think that it works in this story with the way that it has been handled.