carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Hexed by Kevin Hearne

Hexed - Kevin Hearne

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I liked this one but not as much as the first book in the series. This one really falls somewhere between 3 and 4 stars for me but I have decided to go ahead and round up. I was really excited to get back to the series after enjoying the first book in the series. This is definitely a series that needs to be read in order since this book picks up shortly after the events of the previous installment. This ended up being another enjoyable listen.

One of the things that I loved the most about the first book was the characters. I was really happy to see all of the key players back for this installment in the series. There were a few new characters that were rather impressive as well. I really like Atticus. He is incredibly patient and able to determine the best course of action in most situations. I love that he has adapted to the present time better than most of the other that have lived a very long time. Oberon is such a wonderful character and anytime he was a part of a scene I usually had a big grin on my face.

This book has all of the excitement that I had hoped to see. Atticus has to team with the local witch coven when bad things start happening. Atticus has several problems that he is juggling during the story and somehow he makes it all seem easy. This book balanced the action very nicely against some of the lighter moments in the book.

Luke Daniels continues to do a fantastic job with the narration of this series. He does such a great job with all of the character voices and adds a lot of emotion to story. His portrayal of Oberon is simply outstanding. I couldn't imagine an intelligent Wolfhound sounding any other way. I had not problem listening to this one for hours at a time.

I would recommend this series to others. It is a very unique series that contains the perfect combination of humor, action, and thought provoking mystery. I can't wait to read more of this wonderful series.

Initial Thoughts
Maybe 3.5 stars? I liked this one but not as much as the previous book in the series. Oberon is still my favorite character and I do wish he had been in the book just a bit more. This was highly entertaining with appearances from most of the characters that played a part in the first book. Luke Daniels continues to do a fantastic job with the narration of this series.

Book source: eStories purchase