carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Hounded by Kevin Hearne

Hounded - Kevin Hearne

Buddy listen with Lexxie!

What a fantastic start to the series! I have been wanting to read this series for a long time and it turned out to be just as good as I had hoped it would be. The book's excitement started at the very beginning and never really let up. I wanted to listen to this one for hours at a time simply because I didn't want to step away from the story. I had such a good time listening to this book.

The characters in this book were great. Atticus is a Druid. He looks like he is 21 or so but he is actually over 2,000 years old. He has discovered quite a lot during his time and I had a fantastic time learning about some of his abilities. He is a very smart man that is able to reason things out very quickly and seems to always stay very calm in any circumstance. I thought that Atticus would be my favorite character in the book until Oberon made an appearance. Oberon is an Irish Wolfhound that can communicate with Atticus. I fell head over heels in love with Oberon. I didn't expect to laugh over this book but Oberon had me laughing out loud several times during the story.

The book had a lot of action and a rather complex mystery at its core. There are several characters that seem to be out to get Atticus in one way or another. It seemed like he had a whole lot of tricky situations to juggle at the same time and as the book progressed things only became more intense. This book really had a little bit of everything. There are fight scenes and enough strange characters to keep things very interesting.

Luke Daniels did such a great job with this book. I am so glad that I decided to go the audiobook route with this series. He really was able to make scenes a bit more exciting through his narration. He does a great job with all of the character voices but I really loved how he represented Oberon. I really feel like Mr. Daniels brought this story to life.

I would recommend this book to others. I thought that both the story and narration were very well done. I can't wait to listen to more of this series very soon.

Initial Thoughts
This was fun! I thought it was a really great start to the series and I loved learning about all the things that Atticus can do. Oberon was the best! Lots of excitement and quite a few laughs made this one a great listen. Luke Daniels does a fantastic job with the narration. I can't wait to listen to more of this series very soon.

Book source: Audible purchase