carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

The Good Luck Sister by Jill Shalvis

The Good Luck Sister - Jill Shalvis

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I had a really nice time with this novella. It is no secret that I am a huge fan of Jill Shalvis and this story had everything I was looking for when I pick up a book with her name on the cover. I loved the first book in this series, Lost and Found Sisters, so I was very eager to return to Wildstone for another story. Once I started reading this story, I simply could not put it down and ended up finishing it with a big smile on my face.

This story features Tilly and Dylan, both of whom played a part in the first book in the series. If you haven't read the first book, there is no need to worry because this story can easily be read as a stand alone. This story is set in the future and Tilly and Dylan are both all grown up now. They were both teenagers in the first installment so it was great to see them in adulthood. The story does include flashes from their past which was a really nice reminder for me and readers new to the series will quickly get the background information that they need to enjoy this installment.

The characters were great in this story. I loved Tilly and Dylan in the first book and I quickly discovered that I liked the adults they have become. There is a cute puppy in the story that melted my heart from the very beginning of the story. I did think that Quinn seemed a bit over the top in this one but it was all done in fun. I love that humor was flawlessly worked into the story and the quotes at the start of each chapter always brought a smile to my face.

I liked Tilly and Dylan together and am really happy that they were able to get their second chance. Although things have not worked out exactly as they had hoped, they have both made the most of the situation they have found themselves in. Their relationship did move pretty fast in this book but that tends to be the case in most novellas. They had fantastic chemistry with each other and their feelings for each other felt very genuine.

I would recommend this novella to others. This was a wonderful story filled with great characters, a few laughs, and a touching romance. I can't wait to read more of this great series very soon.

I received a digital review copy of this book from William Morrow Paperbacks via Edelweiss.

Initial Thoughts
This was a nice novella. I liked that parts of their past were shown during every chapter. I read the previous book so the flashes back to the past was a really nice reminder. Readers who are new to the series will not have to worry about missing anything either since we get a lot of their past in this story. Things moved pretty fast in this story as they tend to do with shorter pieces but it seemed to work. I did think that Quinn was a little too much at times in this story. I had a nice time with this one in the end.