carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Bountiful by Sarina Bowen

Bountiful (True North Book 4) - Sarina Bowen

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I absolutely loved this book! I had heard good things about Sarina Bowen but hadn't had the chance to read any of her work before this book. I can now see that I have been missing out and have a lot of catching up to do. This was a book that held my attention and never let go. I could not stop listening and finished the book in just a day and a half. I was totally swept away by this amazing romance.

It is really hard to put into words my love for this book but I am going to do my best. I fell in love with these characters from the very start. As the book progressed, I loved them more and more. Dave and Zara just seemed to work well together. I loved the chemistry between them at the start of the story and thought that the awkwardness when they met again felt real. They just seem to be good for each other.

This story starts out with Dave on vacation in Vermont where he meets Zara at the bar she runs. They have a fling over the course of a month but don't share details about themselves. Two years later when Dave returns for another vacation, he learns that he has a daughter. I am not always a fan of the secret baby trope but this works perfectly because Zara tried to find Dave but couldn't. She never makes any attempt to hide the baby from Dave. Dave is floored by the news but quickly adapts and learns that the things he wants in life may be different than he had originally thought.

It was so wonderful to watch Dave and Zara fall in love. The chemistry between them was always off the charts but watching them really get to know each other and care for their daughter together was great. Zara is not used to having Dave's help and doesn't want to owe anyone anything while Dave wants to take care of things. Some of Zara's family are not thrilled with Dave since he hasn't been around but he never backs down and keeps his focus on Zara and their daughter, Nicole.

This was the first time that I have listened to Teddy Hamilton and Seraphine Valentine's narration. I love romances that use two narrators and I thought that both of these narrators did a great job with their characters. There are a lot of emotions in this book and a few steamy moments and everything flowed flawlessly. I thought that they both did a great job with the different character voices. They both had very pleasant voices that made it easy to listen for hours at a time.

I highly recommend this book to fans of contemporary romances. This incredibly romantic story had all the things I was looking for when I decided to read it. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Dave was a hockey player which only made things better since I love a good sport romance. This is the fourth book in the True North series and also fits into the Brooklyn Bruisers series but I had no problems reading it as a stand alone. Of course, I do want to read all of the other books now!

I received a review copy of this audiobook from Blackstone Audio, Inc. via Audiobook Jukebox.

Initial Thoughts
This was an amazing book! I am floored by how much I ended up enjoying it. It was romantic and the characters were fantastic. I actually stayed up way past my bedtime because I had to see how it was going to end. I am someone that typically only listens to audiobooks while I am at work or doing a boring task around the house so the fact that I was sitting in a chair listening to this book while I should have been asleep is a huge deal. It just doesn't happen very often. The narrators were both fantastic. I can't believe that I haven't read Sarina Bowen before now but I can't wait to read more of her work very soon.