carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

To Marry a Texas Outlaw by Linda Broday

To Marry a Texas Outlaw (Men of Legend) - Linda Broday

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I really enjoyed this romance. I just discovered Linda Broday a few months ago when I read Knight on the Texas Plains and knew I wanted read more of her writing so I jumped on the chance to read this book. This is the third book in the Men of Legend series and I was a bit concerned going in since I have not read the earlier books. I had nothing to worry about and can assure readers that this book works well as a stand alone. I am so glad that I decided to read this wonderful little story.

This book opens with a bang. Luke finds a woman tied up and her captors flee. He has very important business to take care of but he just can't leave her. She is covered in blood and has no memory of who she is and what has happened. Luke is a wanted man and it seems that the woman he rescued may be in the same situation.

Luke and Josie were wonderful characters. Luke may be a wanted man but he was always thinking about how his actions affected others in his life. He really was a very caring man. Josie doesn't remember anything about her life but it was obvious what kind of person she was right away. She was very strong and I was eager to find out more about her. I thought that Luke and Josie were wonderful together. They seemed to really compliment each other and were always able to be open with each other. The chemistry between them was intense from the very beginning of the book and only got stronger as I continued to read.

There was a lot going on in this book. I had a great time learning more about how Luke became an outlaw and how Josie ended up in the situation she was in at the start of the book. Add in a little drama with a child they run into who happens to know Josie and some problems at the ranch and you have a really exciting story. There was never a boring moment in this book.

I would recommend this book to fans of western historical romances. I had so much fun reading this one and am really excited to go back and read the earlier books in the series. Linda Broday has created a wonderful family of characters in this delightful series.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Sourcebooks Casablanca via NetGalley.