carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

So I Married a Sorcerer by Kerrelyn Sparks

So I Married a Sorcerer - Kerrelyn Sparks

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I loved this book! I enjoyed the first book in the series, How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days, so I was really excited to start reading this book. This book was just as good as I had hoped it would be. Once I started reading it, I didn't want to put it down and ended up reading almost the entire novel in a single day. I didn't want it to end because I was having such a good time getting lost in this magical world. This really was a joy to read.

Brigitta and her sisters from the Isle of Moon are on their way to be with Luciana. During their travels, their boat becomes a target and Brigitta learns that she is actually a princess. She ends up on Rupert's pirate ship along with a nun to act as her protector. Rupert is a pirate and is known as a sorcerer. He has the power to control the wind which turns out to be rather handy while at sea.

I really liked Brigitta and Rupert together. They just clicked right from the start. They had a lot of things in common and just seemed to connect with each other and had a lot of chemistry. Their relationship did move pretty fast but it worked with in the context of the story. I loved that Brigitta and Rupert had equally exciting backgrounds and I wanted to keep learning more about each of them.

This book was incredibly exciting to read. There were a lot of scenes that were just filled with action. I loved how Brigitta and Rupert's special abilities were described in this story. I wouldn't have imagined how exciting the power to control the wind could really turn out to be. This book really does a little bit of everything with some really funny moments worked into the story and a pretty entertaining secondary romance.

I would highly recommend this book to fans of paranormal romance. While I do think it is possible to read this book as a stand alone novel, I think this series is best enjoyed in order. I cannot wait to get my hands on the next book in this delightfully entertaining series.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from St. Martin's Press.

Initial Thoughts
Love this! This book was just a lot of fun and I really didn't want it to end. I loved the characters and their special abilities. Simply a joy to read.