carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Seeing Red by Sandra Brown

Seeing Red - Sandra Brown

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I enjoyed this book quite a bit! I have been a long time fan of Sandra Brown. Before I owned a kindle, started a blog, or had a goodreads account, I read Sandra Brown. I kind of feel like we go way back. I haven't read all of her books but I usually keep up with her annual release every year and try to squeeze in books from her backlist when I get the chance. I went into this book expecting a very entertaining story and those expectations were solidly met.

Trapper and Kerra were at the center of this story. Kerra is a TV journalist out to get the big interview that nobody has been able to get for years. She decides to enlist Trapper's help in getting his father to agree to the interview. Never mind the fact that Trapper is currently not on good terms with his father. Trapper's father, Major Franklin Trapper, became a celebrity when he was able to a few people during a deadly bombing that made headlines. The interview ends up becoming the starting point for a dangerous chain of events.

I really liked Trapper and Kerra in this story. They were both really smart and able to think on their feet. Trapper was a little rough around the edges but really cared underneath it all. Kerra was able to balance the need to get the big story with what she felt was the right thing to do. They had great chemistry with each other and I loved following them as they worked to get everything figured out.

This book starts off with a bang and I was hooked right away. I think that the choice to tell some parts of the story out of order at the very start of the book was very effective. There were so many different things going on in this book and I found myself working to figure out what was really going on along with Trapper and Kerra. I was never quite sure who could really be trusted and found myself second guessing some of the characters. There were quite a few twists and turns that I did not see coming.

I would highly recommend this book to fans of romantic suspense. This book has a lot of action, a solid mystery to solve, and a great romance at its core. I can't wait to read more from Sandra Brown soon.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Grand Central Publishing via NetGalley.

Initial Thoughts
I am a huge fan of Sandra Brown's writing so I went into this book with pretty high expectations and it delivered. I loved Kerra and Trapper and the mystery took some unexpected twists and turns.