carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

How the White Trash Zombe Got Her Groove Back by Diana Rowland

How the White Trash Zombie Got Her Groove Back - Diana Rowland

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I liked this book but not nearly as much as I thought I would. I actually listened to about an hour and a half of this audiobook several months ago and found it just wasn't working for me so I decided to try it again later. I started over from the beginning this time and was able to make it through the book but still had some trouble with the first part of the book. The story did really pick up and by the end I was really enjoying myself but that beginning was rough for me.

I think that the beginning of the book had too big of a focus on Angel's internal dialogue. I love Angel but I have to tell you that she was starting to drive me crazy. Some of her actions seemed a bit childish to me and I kind of wanted the other characters to tell her to snap out of it. Once the action really got going I didn't have any of these issues so maybe the balance was just off at the beginning.

This book did have a lot of things going on and once the action got going it seemed to move pretty fast. There were a few revelations that I found completely surprising and look forward to seeing how they impact future installments. Angel proved that she can hold her own in a fight and is able to make really good decisions very quickly. The big twist was a pretty big surprise for me which was a definite plus.

Allison McLemore does such a wonderful job in narrating this series and this book was no exception. She is the voice of Angel to me. She is able to perform a large cast of characters quite well making it easy to follow along with conversations. She reads the story at a very nice pace making it very easy to listen for hours at a time.

I would recommend this series to others. This is the fourth book in a series that I think is best read in order. I thought that this was a good installment, not my favorite, but still good. I do consider 3 stars to be a good rating. I look forward to reading more of this series very soon.

Initial Thoughts
This book was a little harder for me to really get into it. I actually listened to about an hour and half a few months ago and set it aside. I started from the beginning again this time and eventually was hooked. I liked it but some of Angel's internal dialogue got on my nerves. Once I got about a third of the way through the book it did pick up a lot for me. The narration was wonderful. This really fell somewhere between a 3 and a 4 for me.

Source: Audible purchase