carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Bring Her Home by David Bell

Bring Her Home - David Bell

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I found this to be a rather enjoyable read. After really enjoying Somebody I Used to Know and Since She Went Away, I jumped at the chance to read David Bell's newest release. I do have to say that I didn't enjoy this book quite as much as the others that I have read but I still found it to be a solid story. I liked the format of the book with short chapters that seemed to move really fast. I found myself wanting to read this for hours at a time just to see what was going to happen next.

This book is told from Bill's point of view. I can't say that I ever really liked Bill all that much but I did understand why he acted as he did. Bill is still grieving the sudden loss of his wife a year and a half ago. As this book opens, Bill is called to the hospital to be with his daughter, Summer, who has just been found after being gone for several days. The girl she disappeared with is dead and Summer has a long recovery ahead of her.

This is a book that I think readers will enjoy more if they go in as blindly as possible so I am not going to go any deeper into the plot. I did find some of the twists in this book to be rather predictable. As soon as one big twist was revealed, I found that I had a pretty good idea about what would happen next. The second half of the book wasn't as predictable for me and I found myself reading at a much faster pace.

I would recommend this book to fans of mystery thrillers. It is a very well done novel with a whole lot to the story. I can't wait to see what David Bell comes up with next.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Berkley Publishing Group via NetGalley.

Initial Thoughts
I thought the beginning of this book was well done but somewhat predictable. At about the mid point, the mystery got a lot stronger. Overall, this was an enjoyable read.