carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Run to Ground by Katie Ruggle

Run to Ground - Katie Ruggle

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I really liked this book. I have been wanting to read Katie Ruggle for a while and since this was the beginning of a new series, I thought that this would be a good place to start. The fact that this is a series about a K9 unit also really appealed to me since I am a huge dog lover. I was hooked to the story pretty much right away and was really wondering how everything would work out. This was a really exciting read that kept me guessing until the very end.

Theo was hard to figure out at first. He really seemed to come across as closed off and almost rude. He has been through a lot recently. His K9 partner died of cancer and his fellow officer also died. He has a new K9 partner, Viggy, who had previously worked with the officer that died. Both Viggy and Theo are having a very hard time adjusting to the change and they are both deep in grief.

Jules whisked her 4 siblings off to safety and needs to stay under the radar. She has moved into a local home in need of a lot of repairs and has taken a job at the local diner. She really just wants to keep her younger brothers and sister safe and will do whatever it takes to make that happen. She does live with the constant fear that they will be discovered.

I liked Jules and Theo together a lot. They really seemed to compliment each other perfectly. This is a very slow moving romance and I thought that they relationship built at a realistic pace. The build up between the pair was wonderfully done and I was so happy when they finally came together. Theo just fit in with Jules and her siblings perfectly even with all of his grumpiness.

There were a few issues that I felt like Jules and Theo really needed to work out and I kept waiting for them to get around to it. It never did happen so I feel like there are a few issues that were not completely resolved at the end of the story. I would have also like to learn a bit more about the history of all of the siblings. A little bit more of a backstory would have been very welcome.

I would recommend this book to other fans of contemporary romance. I really enjoyed Katie Ruggle's style of writing and found this to be an exciting and fast paced novel. I can't wait to see what happens next in this great series!

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Sourcebooks Casablanca via NetGalley.

Initial Thoughts
I really liked this one. There was a lot going on probably so much that it wasn't realistic at all but I didn't care because it was so much fun to read. Jules and Theo were perfect together and I loved the slow build up of their relationship. The ending seemed a bit too easy but it was overall an exciting read.