carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

The Night Mark by Tiffany Reisz

The Night Mark - Tiffany Reisz

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I loved this audiobook! I had read a couple of really good reviews for the book and decided to give the audio a try. I am so glad that I did. I couldn't get this book out of my head. If I wasn't listening to it, I was thinking about it. I listened to it for hours at a time and never tired of the story. I am so glad that I took a chance and bought this book.

Faye is in a bad place in her life at the start of this book. She is in a marriage that has reached its final days and is still grieving the husband she lost 4 years earlier. She asks for a divorce and leaves to do a photography job. She is going to take photos of lighthouses in the area but is really drawn to the lighthouse on Bride Island. When she sees a photo of the lighthouses caretaker from nearly a hundred years ago, she is floored because it looks just her dead husband.

Fate enters the picture when she is transported to the past and finds herself with that man who looks just like her dead husband. Carrick not only looks like her dead husband but has many of his mannerisms. Faye finds herself occupying Faith's body who looks remarkably like her. Can they love each other for who they really are instead of who they look like?

I really liked Faye and Carrick together. They seemed so right together and really seemed to come alive when they were with each other. They were very honest with each other and had a lot of respect for the other's feelings. I loved the secondary characters as well. Dolly was just amazing and I liked the link to her in the present time. Father Pat was very wise and kind and was even willing to help make things happen.

I thought Teri Schnaubelt was the perfect narrator for this story. I have never listened to her narration before but I really want to listen to her again soon. She did such a good job with all of the different voices in this book. I really felt all of the emotions of the story and never felt like the reading was over the top in any way. She had a really nice delivery that made this an incredibly enjoyable experience. I am pretty sure that I liked this book a little more because I decided to go with the audio.

I would highly recommend this book to fans of time travel romance. This book is filled with wonderful characters and a really interesting story. This was the first time that I have ever read anything by Tiffany Reisz but I hope to read more very soon.

Initial Thoughts
I just loved this! I am a sucker for a good time travel story but I am surprised by how much I ended up enjoying this book. I liked the characters and the story kept me guessing. I loved the narration and think that that was one of the reasons that I liked this book as much as I did. It definitely made my work day more enjoyable.

Source: eStories purchase