carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Love Me If You Dare

Love Me If You Dare - Toni Blake This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

4.5 Stars!

I really enjoyed this book. I actually ended up reading the whole book in one day. It was really that good. I was a little worried about reading this book because I have not yet had a chance to read the first book in the series but this book reads perfectly well as a stand alone novel. I ended up being completely captivated by this wonderful little romance and by the end of the book I was trying to convince my husband to move to the beach with me.

I really liked that this book did not have the main characters fall in love at first sight. They actually start out as adversaries in this book which is perfect. Camille works for the firm that is trying to buy the Happy Crab. She seems like an all work and no fun kind of woman at the start of the book. Reece is the owner of the Happy Crab and he has no plans to sell to Camille's firm regardless of the amount offered.

My first impression of Camille was not so good but when a giant iguana enters the scene she becomes much more interesting. I loved Reece on every page of this book. He is the kind of character that you cannot help but love. He is a laidback guy who obviously lives life to the fullest. I loved how he teased Camille and even went so far as to only call her Cami even though she initially hated it.

The chemistry between the pair was really wonderful. These are two people who don't want to be attracted to each other but can't seem to help it. It was a lot of fun to watch them finally give in to their attraction. I thought the relationship between the pair seemed completely authentic.

I really liked the fact that this book was able to be funny at times, a little quirky, completely romantic, and heartbreaking at different points. I really could not put it down and highly recommend this story to anyone who likes a good romance. This is the first book by Toni Blake that I have had a chance to read and I look forward to many more in the future.

I received a copy of this book from Avon Books via Edelweiss for the purpose of providing an honest review.