carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Return to Clan Sinclair: A Clan Sinclair Novella

Return to Clan Sinclair: A Clan Sinclair Novella - Karen Ranney This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

4 Stars!

I enjoyed reading this novella. I loved the fact that the characters were a little different that I usually see. It was refreshing to see a story about a second chance at romance. This book is part of the Clan Sinclair series but I was perfectly fine reading it as a stand alone story. I am sure that some of the character may have been in previous books but this is a complete story.

Ceana is a widow and mother of 2 daughters. Her husband's family has taken control of her life in the time since her husband's death. She is at the point that she cannot take it anymore so she decides to leave her daughter in the care of family while she goes to visit her brother, Macrath, and his wife, Virginia.

Once she arrives at her brother's home, she meets Bruce, an American who is working to keep the family safe. Ceana and Bruce are drawn to each other. They have book suffered huge losses and have learned to continue living. They decide to act on their attraction even though they know nothing can come of it.

I really liked the fact that the main characters have lived, loved, and lost. I am so used to seeing only young virgins holding the lead roles in romances, especially historical romances. The book had a lot of excitement and action packed into just a few pages. I kind of wish that this could have been a bit longer. The relationship between Bruce and Ceana moved a bit faster than I wish it had and I didn't always feel the chemistry between them. That being said I did find it to be a very nice story.

I would recommend this story to fans of historical romance. This is the first story by Karen Ranney that I have had a chance to read and I look forward to reading a full length work soon.

I received a copy of this book from Avon Impulse via Edelweiss for the purpose of providing an honest review.