carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Huntress Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers Book 1)

Huntress Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers Book 1) - Alexandra Sokoloff This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

4 Stars!

What a page turner this book turned out to be! Anyone who has followed my reviews has probably noticed that I have a very eclectic taste when it comes to what I read. I find that by mixing things up I am able to fully appreciate each genre. I was in the mood for a serious mystery and a couple of my friends really enjoyed this one so I decided to give it a chance. I am so glad that I took a chance on this novel.

This mystery relied heavily on profiling which I find incredibly interesting. Special Agent Roarke sees his undercover agent die just as they were about to meet. He notices a woman right before everything happens and he has a feeling that she is in some way involved. Agent Roarke was a part of the Behavior Analysis Unit before changing departments. He finds that a woman with a similar description is listed as a person of interest in at least two other crimes and he starts to try to pull everything together.

This story came together piece by piece with information being shared in exactly the right amount. As I found answers to questions that I had, I found that I had more questions. The plot is very detailed and the pacing of the story really makes it hard to step away from this story. I found myself guessing all the way until the very end of the story which is exactly what I want when I pick up a mystery.

I found the characters to be very likeable. Believe it or not, I actually ended up liking the villain before the story was over. I loved that the story was able to show the villain as a three dimensional character complete with reasons why she has done the things that she has done. I liked Agents Roarke and Epps and really appreciated how they were able to work together so easily.

I highly recommend this book to mystery fans who like a psychological aspect to the story. This is the first book by Alexandra Sokoloff that I have read but I look forward to continuing this series very soon.

I received a copy of this book from Amazon Publishing - Thomas & Mercer via NetGalley for the purpose of providing an honest review.