carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Served Hot (Portland Heat)

Served Hot (Portland Heat) - Annabeth Albert This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

4 Stars!

I thought that this story was wonderful. I found it to be just the right combination of sweet and sexy to keep me completely invested in the story. It is a short piece that can easily be read in a single sitting but it packs quite a story into those few pages. I love it when I feel like a have been told a complete and fulfilling story in just a short time.

This story is about Robby and David. It is told completely from Robby's point of view. I liked Robby right away. I loved how we know what is going on in his head as he works up the courage to flirt with David. When David shows up at the Pride event, I wanted to give Robby a big high 5.

One thing that I really liked about this story is that the big problem wasn't a simple misunderstanding. Both David and Robby have things from their past that are impacting their lives today. David has had to work extremely hard to move forward and the obstacles in their relationship stem from major issues. Watching the pair communicate and learn to be a couple was absolutely wonderful.

I would highly recommend this story to fans of M/M romance. This is the first story by Annabeth Albert that I have had a chance to read. I hope to read other works by this author in the future including future title in this new series.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Kensington Books via Net Galley for the purpose of providing an honest review.