carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

The Trouble With Sexy: (Originally appeared in the e-book anthology KISS ME) (A Rock Canyon, Idaho Novella) - Codi Gary This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

3 Stars!

What a fun read for Valentines Day! This was a short novella of approximately 100 pages or so that was easy to read in a single sitting. I found this to be a nice little story about two people finally getting together after being only friends.

Ryan and Gregg work together at the local photography studio. Actually Ryan works for Gregg which does make things a little more interesting. Ryan is ready for a change and ready to get out of the friend zone. Ryan enlists the help of a local woman, Gracie, when she decides to change her appearance. Ryan's new look does exactly what she had hoped.

This little story had a bit of everything. At times it was funny, it was sometimes serious and other times sexy. Heck, you even get to meet mom and dad before it is over. Ryan and Gregg worked well as a couple. Gregg was really such a nice guy that it was hard not to like him. Ryan really gained a lot of confidence not only because of her makeover but also because of her new friendships. I really liked many of the supporting characters in this little town a lot - they added a lot of fun to the story.

I would recommend this story to anyone who likes a not too serious friends to lovers story. This is the first story by Codi Gary that I have had a chance to read but I will be looking for more in the future.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Avon Impulse via Edelweiss for the purpose of providing an honest review.