carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

I Do!

I Do! - Rachel Gibson This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

3 Stars!

I have been a fan of Rachel Gibson for a long time and have read quite of a few of her works. When I saw that I had the opportunity to get my hands on an advanced copy of this novella, I jumped at the chance. I ended up enjoying this nice little story which should appeal to other fans of Rachel Gibson.

There was a lot going on in this novella, maybe a little too much to be honest. Many of the characters from Gibson's previous books make and appearance in this short little story. One couple is busy having a wedding and another is busy having a baby. The new romance in this story is Nate and Becca. Becca is a local hairdresser who is doing the bride's hair for the wedding. Nate is Daisy and Jack's son from an earlier book, Daisy's Back in Town.

I think the relationship between Nate and Becca seemed to move a bit quickly but I really enjoyed them on the page together. I thought they had a lot of chemistry and worked well as a couple . Any doubts that I had about Nate were erased by the end of the story. Gibson won me over with this ending but I would have loved to see their story expanded on a little more.

It was really nice to see some of the characters from previous books in the Lovett, Texas series. I have read some of the books in the series but not all of them. I had no trouble following this story even though I missed some of the earlier books.

I would recommend this book to fans of the Lovett, Texas series who are wanting to visit some of their favorite characters. This is a smartly written, nice little story that can easily be read in a single evening. I hope to get a chance to more from Rachel Gibson soon.

I received a copy of this book from Avon Impulse via Edelweiss for the purpose of providing an honest review.