carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Hidden Bodies

Hidden Bodies  - Caroline Kepnes This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

I liked this book so much better than I liked the first book in the series, You. I went into You with really high expectations. I had expected to fall head over heels in love with it and maybe even offer to have Joe's babies. I liked the book well enough in the end but it was really just okay for me in a lot of ways. I started this book unsure if I would really like it or not. Would Joe's rambling drive me crazy this time? Would he spend another whole book describing minor details about his newest victim? I really didn't know what to expect.

Joe didn't seem to ramble like he did in the first book. It could be that I went into the book expecting some rambling but I actually liked the time spent in Joe's head this time around. Joe's thought processes aren't really healthier in this book but he seemed to make a little more sense to me. His goals were different and his thoughts seemed a bit more logical in a serial killer sort of way.

I really liked the fact that the action in this book seemed to start earlier. I liked You a lot better once Joe started actually acting on some of his impulses. In this book, Joe takes action a lot sooner in the story and I was never quite sure what he was going to do. It seemed that the pacing was a lot better with some lead up then action repeated throughout the book. The excitement really kept me hooked this time around.

I liked the characters in the book a lot better. I am starting to really like Joe a lot. I am not willing to have his babies just yet but he is growing on me. Love was simply awesome. I loved everything about Love. Forty was a loose cannon and added a extra element because you never knew what he might do. Amy made me a little mad and I wanted to help Joe plan his revenge on her. There were so many wonderful characters that fit into this story. I even really liked all of the celebrity name dropping and thought it added a fun element to the book.

The writing in the book was well done. The book had a great flow with the story moving seamlessly from one location to another. There was just enough description to paint a completely vivid picture throughout the book. I like the way that the characters' emotions really came across. This was book that completely pulled me in and was hard to put down.

I would highly recommend this book to others. I am so glad that I decided to go ahead and continue with the series despite the fact that I wasn't blown away by You. I definitely plan to read more books by Caroline Kepnes in the future.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Atria Books via NetGalley for the purpose of providing an honest review.

Initial Thoughts
I liked this book so much better than I liked [b:You|20821614|You (You, #1)|Caroline Kepnes|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1411958102s/20821614.jpg|39913517]. I don't know if it is just because I went into the book with more realistic expectations or what. Joe really grew on me and there was a bit more action spread throughout the book.