carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

The Time Chamber

The Time Chamber - Daria Song This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

Coloring books for adults? When I first heard about this new trend, I have to admit that I was a little confused. I mean I have spent many hours of my life coloring. I have colored everything from Strawberry Shortcake and Care Bears to the Power Rangers. I spent hours coloring as a child and then again alongside my children. When I think about it, there really is something very soothing to the process of staying in the lines and loosing yourself in a task. When I saw this coloring book, I just had to see what this new generation of coloring books is all about.

When I first got the book, I was immediately impressed. These are high quality pages with some thickness to them. The book is a nice size at 10 inches square. The book even has a dust jacket trimmed in gold foil. This really is a different kind of coloring book. It has a certain class and character that I didn't expect to see in a coloring book even with adults as the target audience.

The artwork is beautiful. I am not any kind of artist myself. I am honestly doing really good to just stay inside the lines (and I don't always succeed with that simple task). I can still appreciate beautiful artwork and this is really just lovely. I loved the whimsy in the artwork and I felt myself becoming nostalgic for my childhood as I turned the pages and toured the little girl's room along with the fairy and her friend owl.

Because it is coloring book, I felt like I became an active part of the story. I noticed details in every page that I most likely would have missed because I was helping to bring the art to life. I found myself looking for the owl on every page. I really loved the pages with detailed patterns. What is really wonderful about this book is that no two people will have the same experience. The end result will always be different and will reflect the individuals tastes and preferences.

I would highly recommend this book to others. This is the first coloring book for adults that I have had and I plan to try to get a few more. This book would also make a fantastic gift along with some nice colored pencils. I would definitely look for Daria Song's work again in the future.

I received a copy of this book from Blogging for Books for the purpose of providing an honest review.