carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Sunroper

Sunroper - Natalie J. Damschroder This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life

In the interest of full disclosure, I received an advance reader edition of this book from Entangled Publishing, LLC and Net Galley for the purpose of providing an honest review.

I would rate this book 4 1/2 stars out of 5. It is the final book in a trilogy and I really enjoyed it despite the fact I have not read the 2 previous books in the trilogy. The first part of the book was slow for me probably because I had a lot to catch up on that was covered in the first 2 books. The book picked up at the 30% mark and I actually had a hard time putting it down the last half of the book. Seriously, [a:Natalie J. Damschroder|51529|Natalie J. Damschroder|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1319992971p2/51529.jpg] where have you been hiding?

Marley is a goddess who no longer possess the typical power of a goddess. Marley now has the ability to nullify power in those who have power that is not rightfully theirs. She is trying to find the goddess supplying their male counterparts, the Numina, with power or flux. She is also trying to nullify the flux in as many of these men as she can. Once she nullifies a persons power, they are no longer able to accept power in the future.

Gage, a member of the Numina, is also looking for the goddess dealing in flux and he is looking for his brother whom he fears is caught up in it. Gage becomes an unlikely ally to Marley and they work together to stop the goddess and her influence. The pair works well together playing off of the strengths of the other. As the pair are falling for each other, Marley realizes that the power she is nullifying is changing her.

This book was very well written. The characters had a lot of depth and the chemistry between Gage and Marley was very believable and not completely over the top which seems to be the norm. I loved the paranormal aspect of the book and loved the world that Ms. Damschroder created in this trilogy. I will most definitely be reading the first two books in this trilogy and more from this author in the future.