carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

The Fireside Inn

The Fireside Inn - Lily Everett In the interest of full disclosure, I received an advance reader edition of this book from St. Martin's Press and Net Galley for the purpose of providing an honest review.

I enjoyed this novella and would rate it 3.5 out of 5 stars. The novella was well written and the story was interesting but I found myself wanting more depth in several areas.

At the opening of the story, we meet Miles, Leo and a couple of their wealthy friends. Miles is getting married and make a bet with his Billionaire friends that if they come to Sanctuary Island to help him get ready for his wedding that they will also fall in love. They agree and go to the Island.

Leo has been given the task of performing a reading at the wedding. Leo often sounds poetic so this should be good fit for him. He decided to go to the local library where he meets Serena, the librarian. Leo convinces Serena to help him with the reading and also tells her that he plans to seduce her. They grow close while working on Leo's assignment.

This novella had several areas that I would have liked to see a bit more. I think a more complete back story into Leo's past would have developed his character quite well. The same really applies to Serena. The main conflict between this two characters is based upon their past so understanding exactly what they had gone through and what they had felt would have added to the plot. I also would have liked to see what each character was doing during the time between the conflict and the wedding. This just seemed like the ideal time for one of the central characters to reach out to the other.

Even though I would have liked to see more in some areas of the novella, I did thoroughly enjoy the story. I really liked the author's style of writing and plan to look for one of her full length books which may give me that "more" that I seem to want.