carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Attachments

Attachments - Rainbow Rowell This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Penguin Group and Net Galley for the purpose of providing an honest review.

3 Stars

I was so excited to see Attachments available on Net Galley. I have wanted to read something by Rainbow Rowell for quite some time so I snatched this book up right away. I liked this book but I was not blown away by it. I admit that I am a bit let down because I was really hoping to be blown away.

Lincoln takes a job at a newspaper and his job is to monitor employee emails. Beth and Jennifer are friends who also work at the same newspaper and like to email each other during the day. Their emails are constantly getting flagged so Lincoln ends up reading what they write to each other. Lincoln does not send them any kind of warning but continues to read what they write to each other. Lincoln starts falling for one of the women through the emails she writes to her friend.

In this book we get to see Lincoln's life but we only see Beth and Jennifer through the emails. I wish that Beth and Lincoln would have met in person before they did in the book. They don't meet each other until the very end of the book and I guess I am just not patient enough to wait that long. Of course, to be fair the story would be pretty much over once they meet and fall in love. I just got tired of waiting for Lincoln to do something. Every time I have started a new job, I have taken the time to introduce myself to my co-workers. Couldn't he have done that at least so he would at least know what she looked like?

Despite my impatience, I did like the writing. I believe that this is Rainbow Rowell's debut novel. I have definite plans to read other works by this author.