carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Viscount of Vice

Viscount of Vice - Shana Galen Now Available!

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Sourcebooks Casablanca via Net Galley for the purpose of providing an honest review.

4 Stars!

I completely enjoyed this novella. I was able to read it in just a couple of hours and was immediately pulled into the story. Some novella length pieces feel rushed or incomplete but that was not the case with this story. There was a whole lot of story packed into these few pages. I was immediately drawn to the characters and found myself grinning several times.

Flynn Chesham is known as the Viscount of Vice, a title he has earned through his behavior. The story opens with a scene that illustrates how this nickname was earned and I immediately knew that Flynn was going to be a character that I would enjoy. Viscount Chesham finds himself in Bath in his quest to find his long lost brother, Robert.

Lady Emma has met Viscount Chesham before but now she is finally eighteen. Flynn and Emma are drawn to each other at a ball and share a dance. At the end of the ball, they share a kiss before the night takes a dramatic turn. As the pair works to locate Flynn's brother, they find themselves in danger.

I thought that this novella was very well written. The plot moved forward quite nicely and the characters were likable and realistic. I liked the chemistry between the pair and thought that the dialog was outstanding. The plot of this story was nicely contained within the novella. I do wish that Flynn had been a bit younger. I do realize that it was quite common for ladies to marry much older men during this time period but I still do not like the thought of a man in his twenties looking at a 15 year old girl.

I would recommend this novella to anyone who enjoys historical romances. This is a great piece to read when you would like a complete story in a single sitting. This was actually the first piece that I have read by Shana Galen but I will definitely be reading from this author in the future.