carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Night of the Living Demon Slayer

Night of the Living Demon Slayer - Angie Fox This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

4 Stars!

I thought this book was a whole lot of fun and really ended up enjoying the story. This is the seventh book in the series so I was a little hesitant to read it without having read any of the previous books but I was able to follow along without any difficulty. I am sure that if I had read the earlier books in the series I would have known the characters much better and some of their interactions would have had a greater meaning for me but I thought that this book read perfectly fine all on its own.

This book had so much going for it. I loved the quirky cast of characters. How can you go wrong with a talking dog, a pet dragon named Flappy, a gang of grandma biker witches, a griffin, and an alligator zombie? I was a little surprised when the dog, Pirate, started talking but I quickly adjusted and spent a bit of time wondering what my dogs would tell me if they had the chance...I probably don't want to know. I loved how this world was able to include so much and still feel light and fun.

The action started right away in this novel and loved that this story takes place in the heart of New Orleans. I could totally envision that this group could blend into the festivities surrounding them. Once things got started in this story the pace didn't let up until the very end. I never knew where the story was going and enjoyed every twist and turn that was presented.

I found this book to be a really fun, quick read. I would recommend this to paranormal fans. This combination of witches, voodoo, zombies, and more is sure to entertain. I definitely plan to read the earlier in the books in this series and have noticed that the first book, [b:The Accidental Demon Slayer|3119223|The Accidental Demon Slayer (Demon Slayer, #1)|Angie Fox|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1306796851s/3119223.jpg|3150549], is currently free at most retailers, so that sounds like a perfect place to start.

I received a copy of this book from Angie Fox via NetGalley for the purpose of providing an honest review.