carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

I Wish You Were Mine

I Wish You Were Mine - Lauren Layne This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

Of course I liked this book. Lauren Layne wrote it so that is kind of a given. I do have to say that this is my least favorite Lauren Layne book that I have read so far. I will admit that I didn't read the description before grabbing it. I saw the name on the cover and that was the end of my thought process when it came to selecting this book. This was probably a mistake on my end because I may have thought twice about reading this book if I had known that it was going to be about sisters.

I should probably say up front that for me there are certain lines that are never to be crossed. Never. Dating your sister's former husband isn't even in grey territory for me. It is way over the line that should never be crossed. I do try to just go with a situation in a fictional book because...well, because it is fiction. I had really hoped that the focus of the book would be squarely put on Mollie and Jackson and I could just kind of forget about the sister/ex-wife. Nope. The sister/ex-wife was in the book all the time so there was no forgetting about it.

There were parts of the book that I did really like. Jackson's personal growth during the story was really nice to watch. I loved it when he realized that his dreams had changed as his life had changed. Mollie was really pretty awesome when she wasn't being walked on by her ridiculous sister. I did sense the chemistry between the pair from the very beginning of the story.

Madison was really a piece of work. She was actually pretty easy to hate in this story. Madison and Mollie were definitely at opposite ends of the sister spectrum. I didn't like her presence in the book. I don't think that she added anything to the story except a level of discomfort. I get that she was not a nice person and that she was very self centered but that didn't make me feel any better about Mollie starting a relationship with her sister's ex-husband.

I would recommend this book to anyone who can overlook the sisters angle. I did enjoy many parts of the book. I do plan to continue to read Lauren Layne's work including future installments in this series. I am ready for Lincoln's story!

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept via NetGalley for the purpose of providing an honest review.

Initial Thoughts
That was my least favorite Lauren Layne book that I have read so far. I didn't care for the whole sisters angle at all. I tried to just set it aside and focus on the romance between Mollie and Jackson but it kept being brought up all of the time. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either.