carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Reckless Creed

Reckless Creed - Alex Kava This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

I really enjoyed reading this book. The idea behind the story was really pretty scary largely because of how realistic everything felt. All of the characters that I have grown to love over the past few years played a part in this complex and exciting story. There was really a lot of action in the story and I had a hard time putting the book down.

The story was very relevant to today's world. The book starts out with several seemingly unrelated events that may be more than they originally appear to be. The events take place in several different locations in the United States. Maggie is called to Chicago to investigate the suspected suicide of a man that appears to have been ill while Ryder and his dogs are searching for a lost girl. As the book progresses, everything starts to be pulled together until a frightening plot is uncovered.

One of the things that I love about reading a series is the characters and this series has some wonderful characters. I have read so many books featuring Maggie O'Dell that I feel like I know her. I am not sure whether I like Maggie or Ryder more but since they are both featured in this series I don't feel like I have to choose. As an animal lover, I love the whole aspect of Ryder's service dogs. Each of the dogs used in the book become an important part of the story with the personality of the dog really adding an authentic element.

I loved the way this story was told though multiple points of view. Each of the points of view added an important element to the story. I loved how each of the plot threads started out being told from a different perspective. Each perspective brought the emotions of the individual and really made things feel real. Figuring out how everything would come together in the end was part of the fun of reading this book.

I would highly recommend this book to fans of mystery. This is the third book in the Ryder Creed series which picks up after the Maggie O'Dell series. While I think readers could enjoy this story as a stand alone, I would recommend reading the series in order if at all possible. I already can't wait to get my hands on the next Alex Kava novel!

I received an advance reader edition of this book from G.P Putnam's Sons via First to Read for the purpose of providing an honest review.

Initial Thoughts
The idea behind this book was really pretty scary. I liked all of the points of view and thought they all added a lot to the story. Loved Maggie, Ryder, and all of the regular characters as usual.