carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues

Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues  - Diana Rowland, Allison McLemore This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

I didn't like this book quite as much as the first book in the series but I still really enjoyed it. I really think that I enjoyed this one a little more by going the audio route. The narrator is absolutely perfect for this series and really makes the story incredibly entertaining. This was a story that I really looked forward to listening to and proceeded to do so every chance that I could.

One of the things that I loved about the first book in the series was being with Angel as she discovered what she was and learning to live with it. In this book, Angel knows exactly who she is and not only accepts it but has embraced her new reality. I still really like Angel a lot. She wants to be a better person and tries really hard to be the absolute best that she can at her job. She even seems to accept the fact that people will judge her based on her prior actions and doesn't hold it against them.

When a body under her care is stolen from her at gunpoint, Angel becomes the focus of suspicion at the job that she loves. To clear her name, she does a little investigating and is eventually pulled into a much more sinister organization. She finds herself in a very dangerous situation and is forced to make horrible decisions.
There is a pretty interesting mystery at the center of this story. During the course of the story, we also get to learn a little more about the science behind zombies in this world. I liked that Angel really stood up for herself in this story and simply refused to be accept being treated poorly in any way. She really doesn't take a lot of crap from anyone in this story but she still shows that she has a softer side and cares about others.

Allison McLemore does a fabulous job with the narration of this story. In my mind, her voice is Angel's. I love her southern accent and the way she delivers the story. It was always clear to me who was speaking and I just found myself being carried away by the story. I felt like I was right there with Angel at times and really felt her range of emotions. I definitely plan to listen to more work from this narrator.

I would highly recommend this book. This is the second book in the series and is really best read in order since there are some parts of the story that are brought from the first book. I can't wait to start the next book in this fun series!

Initial Thoughts
I didn't like this one quite as much as I liked the first book in the series but I did enjoy my time listening to it. The narrator of this series is an absolutely perfect match for Angel.