carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)

Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) - Ilona Andrews It is official....I am in love with series! I have been in a bad mood for the past couple of days and my husband has not been able to figure out what the problems has been. Of course, I have not told him that all I wanted to do was sit down and read this book but the kids and him have been taking up way too much of my time. I guess if you are in a bad enough mood everyone will eventually leave you alone which my family did last night. I was able to finish the second half of this book and the short story Magic Mourns.

This book has been the best in the series for me so far. I have finally figured out the who's who in the series and have a grasp on the world. I love Kate. I love Curran. I love Kate & Curran! These two characters have wonderful chemistry. As I was reading a scene with these two characters last night, my daughter asked me why I was smiling. I growled at her a little and she left me alone to read my book again.

This series and this book do a lot of things really well. There is just the right amount of humor thrown into the book. The world that has been created in these novels is unique and quite interesting. I especially like how vampires are portrayed - no sparkly, sexy vamps here. The main characters have great chemistry. I think Curran may be the best Alpha male that I have come across in a book ever (or at least in a really, really long time). The supporting characters are a well defined and interesting group. There is also just the right amount of lead in for the next book - no cliffhangers, just anticipation for the next book.

I can not wait to start the next book in the series today. Hopefully, I will get a chance to finish it quickly so that my family can be spared my bad mood.