carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Slices of Night - J.T. Ellison,  Erica Spindler,  Alex Kava I thought that this short book or novella was just ok overall. Alex Kava is one of my favorite authors and I did enjoy that section of the book the most. I was excite to see Nick's name in the book. I know it is never going to happen but I still am hoping to see Maggie and Nick together at some point. Each section of the story was ok but just way too short to give the reader any depth. Since I did not know the characters in the first 2 sections, I just never got too involved in the story. The sections of the book just did not seem to fit together. I kept wondering when they might call each other or meet and was glad to see Maggie mentioned in the second second - I just wish that the authors had decided to have their characters interact a little bit. The first section written by Erica Spindler was more focused on a baby than on the killer. Don't get me wrong - I am all for saving babies but this just made this section of the book seem disconnected since the point of the book was to catch a killer. It was an ok way to spend a little time but I will probably never feel the urge to read it again. I do look forward to the next Maggie O'Dell book and I would give the other two authors a read if I can ever get my reading caught up!