carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Moonlighter by Sarina Bowen

Moonlighter - Sarina Bowen

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This was just what I needed! I wanted a sexy, feel-good romance with wonderful characters and an abundance of chemistry and that is exactly what I got. I only discovered Sarina Bowen less than two years ago and I have read all of her books yet but I have read quite a few. I have yet to be disappointed. There is just something about the way she tells a story that works for me so I was really excited to read this new book and I ended up enjoying every moment of it.

Eric and Alex were childhood friends. They spent time together while their fathers were working. Eric always seemed to follow Alex's lead. Many years later, Eric plays hockey professionally while Alex is running a large company. When Alex needs security, she turns to Eric's brother, Max, and before she knows it she is headed off to Hawaii for a conference with a fake boyfriend in tow.

I loved these two together. Eric was funny and playful with Alex and it seemed to be exactly what she needed. Alex is under a lot of stress but she seems to let go with Eric. They both know that it can't last but they can't seem to resist each other. They are really good for each other being what each other needed in so many different circumstances.

I would highly recommend this book to others. This was a really well-done story filled with some really wonderful heartfelt moments, a mystery that kept me guessing, some toe-curling sexy scenes and a few laughs. I cannot wait to read more of this talented author's work.

I received a digital review copy of this book from the author/publicist.