carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Diamond Fire by Ilona Andrews

Diamond Fire -  Ilona Andrews

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I loved this novella! Absolutely loved it! It is hard not to gush over how much I loved this book so I am just going to go with it. I adore the Hidden Legacy series and have read the original three books two or three times each already so I was really excited to learn that the series would be continuing. I was really excited to see this world through Catalina's eyes and I was not disappointed. I had so much fun with this story.

I love Nevada and Mad Rogan but I really like the rest of Nevada's family as well so I am more than okay with the torch being passed along to Catalina. I like Catalina even more after reading this story. I felt like I knew her before I got started with this novella but the amount of character development in this short piece was extraordinary. In this story, readers actually see more of Mad Rogan than Nevada which I think worked perfectly since it gave Catalina a chance to really stand on her own for the story. I also fell in love with Rogan's mom. She was amazing in this story and I hope we get to see a whole lot more of her in future books.

There is a mystery that needs to be solved on top the upcoming wedding. There is a big group of Rogan's extended family in town for the wedding and causing a whole lot of trouble at the same time. This is not a very likable group overall and it was hard to trust most of them. It was a lot of fun to watch Catalina navigate such a complicated group of individuals and get to the bottom of it all.

I would highly recommend this story to others. I think that it could work as a stand-alone but I think that it really works better when read in series order. This series is amazing and you don't want to miss any of the books anyway so I would suggest starting with Burn for Me. I can't wait to read more from this fantastic series!

I received a digital review copy of this book from Avon Books via Edelweiss.

Initial Thoughts
This was beyond amazing! It's a shame that I can only give it 5 stars since it clearly deserves a few bonus stars. Ilona Andrews packed more story and character development into this novella than most books with 5 times as many pages. Fans will not want to miss this one!