carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Exit Strategy by Martha Wells

Exit Strategy - Martha Wells

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I had a great time with this newest installment in the Murderbot Diaries series. After reading the previous three installments in the series, I knew that I was going to have to read about Murderbot's further adventures just as soon as I could. This is a novella length piece that could easily be read in a single evening. I do think that this series is best read in order since this newest entry touched on things that happened in previous adventures quite often. This story was everything that I had hoped it would be.

Everything comes full circle in the series with Murderbot working to help Dr. Mensah who we met in the first installment. As soon as the SecUnit finds out that Dr. Mensah is in trouble, immediate plans are made to get close and offer assistance. Things are pretty tense at times and there is a whole lot of excitement that had me at the edge of my seat.

I loved seeing how much Murderbot has grown over the course of the series. There are feelings in this book. Real feelings. Everyone's favorite SecUnit seems to be having a whole lot of feelings for an anti-social cyborg. There is a lot more interaction with others that is done quite willingly and there are times with the SecUnit is willing to self-sacrifice if necessary. I love Murderbot's internal dialogue and really appreciated its sense of humor.

I would recommend this series to others. I think that this book had a great blend of excitement and action. I am so glad that I have had the chance to go along with Murderbot as it tries to find its place in the world. I will definitely be reading any future books in the series.

I borrowed a copy of this book from my local library.

Initial Thoughts
Another fun adventure with Murderbot! Things have come full circle for Murderbot as the focus is on rescuing Dr. Mensah. The stakes are high and the risk to Murderbot is significant. The SecUnit has a bunch of feelings and isn't sure what to do with any of them. The story is once again filled with a wonderful sense of humor.

Book source: Library