carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Rogue Protocol by Martha Wells

Rogue Protocol - Martha Wells

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This was another great installment in the series! These stories have been a lot of fun and I have found that each one tells a really big story in a rather small number of pages. Murderbot is on another mission in this installment that kept me glued to the pages once again.

Murderbot wants to find out what is really going on with the GrayCris Corporation. The SecUnit poses as a security consultant when it encounters a group of people off to explore an abandoned facility. The group has a bot, Miki, that they consider to be their friends which is somewhat confusing (and annoying) to Murderbot. Of course, things go wrong and there is lots of action and excitement as Murderbot works to help save the day.

I really enjoyed seeing Murderbot interact with Miki who was a very different kind of bot. Murderbot has seen people at their worst and expects for problems to occur while Miki has been treated like a trusted member of the group and seems rather innocent in its manner of thinking. I really enjoyed being inside Murderbot's head as it worked to process a solution for the problem at hand. I can't wait to start reading the next installment.

Initial Thoughts
This was great! Murderbot never seems to let me down. I love how this SecUnit operates and engages with the world surrounding it. Miki was wonderful and I thought that its character really gave our SecUnit some thing to think about and consider. I love the humor worked into the story and the level of excitement that kept the pages turning.

Book source: Library