carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Up for Heir by Ruth Cardello

Up In The Heir - Ruth Cardello

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This really was a great romance! After finishing the previous book from this series, I couldn't wait to find out more of Spencer's story. This really is a series that needs to be read in order since the plot surrounding the family starts in the first book. I had a great time listening to this story.

Spencer was one of the focal points of the previous book which left him at a very low point in his life. I couldn't wait to find out how he was doing and hopefully watch him deal with some pretty big issues. Hailey has also been through a lot. She lost her father years ago and just recently lost her brother. She is now the guardian of her niece, Sky, and has to make that the priority in her life.

Hailey takes a job as Delinda Westerly's personal assistant and her and Sky move into the guest house at her home. She has no idea that her employer is in any way related to her old boyfriend, Spencer. Of course, their paths cross and they end up spending some time with each other and quickly find out that their attraction to each other is just as strong as it ever was.

I had a great time watching Hailey and Spencer fall in love all over again. I also enjoyed getting to know Delinda Westerly a lot better and found that the relationships between Delinda, Sky, and Hailey were very well done. I thought that Spencer's relationship problems with his family were dealt with very well in this book. Spencer grew a lot as a character by the end of this story.

Terri Clark Linden continued to do a great job with this series. Her voices for the various characters in this series are very well done. In this book, there was a lot of dialogue from Delinda, an elderly character, and Sky, a young child, and I thought she represented all of the characters very well. I can't wait to listen to more of this series.

I would recommend this series to fans of contemporary romance. There is a lot of depth to the relationships within this story and a romance that melted my heart. I can't wait to read more about the Westerly family.

Initial Thoughts
This was another great story in the series. Spencer and Hailey were both great but Sky and Delinda often stole the show. This was a nice second chance romance and I found that I really enjoyed the continuation of the drama around Spencer from the first book.

Book source: Kindle Unlimited