carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

True-Blue Cowboy by Sara Richardson

True-Blue Cowboy  - Sara Richardson

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I liked this story quite a bit. I was really excited to give this book a try after reading a novella written by Sara Richardson recently and enjoying it. I was not disappointed. This book is listed as the fourth book in the Rocky Mountain Riders series but works perfectly fine as a stand alone novel. Once I started reading this story I didn't want to stop and ended up finishing it in a single day. I am so glad that I decided to pick up this book.

Everly lives on a farm and runs a farm to table restaurant. She is finally living the life that she wants and is very happy even when her livestock gives her a rough time. Mateo is a bronc rider who decides to buy some land as an investment. He feels a lot of responsibility for his family and worries about what will happen when he can no longer compete. The land that Mateo buys is the same land that Everly rents and had hoped to buy herself someday. An entertaining series of events leaves them sharing a home on the land and getting to know each other a lot better.

I loved Everly from the start. She isn't afraid of hard work and is a very patient person. She had been living a completely different life but realized that it wasn't really what she wanted so she made some changes and really is doing what makes her happy. Even when things don't go the way she hoped they would, she is able to stay positive and try to look for new solutions. Mateo really was a good guy as well. He bought the land in order to provide security for himself and his family. He really found himself in a difficult situation and didn't want to cause any trouble for Everly.

I loved these two together. They had a whole lot of chemistry from the very beginning and I think that it grew as they got to know each other better. Even when they seemed to be the opposite side of things the pull between them never stopped. I liked that they were honest with each other and seemed to want to open up to each other. It was just a whole lot of fun watching these two come together.

I would recommend this book to others. I had a great time with this pair and couldn't help but want to seem them make it work. I think that this book was a really nice blend of great characters, a believable romance, some humor, and a few intense moments. I would not hesitate to read more from Sara Richardson in the future.

I received a review copy of this book from Forever (Grand Central Publishing).

Initial Thoughts
I liked this one. Everly and Mateo had quite a bit of chemistry with each other and their characters were very likeable. They did have some pretty big obstacles to overcome which was interesting to watch. There were a lot of interesting secondary characters that added to the book.