carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Crave Me by Cecy Robson

Crave Me - Cecy Robson

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I had an absolute blast with this book! I like a good romance and have seen Cecy Robson's books around for several years but had never had the chance to read one so I excited to give her work a try. I think I have been missing out because this book was amazing. Once I started listening, I didn't want to stop. I am so glad that I decided to take a chance with this book.

Wren and Evan were such great characters and they worked really well as a couple. Wren is tough, smart, and seems to win everyone over very quickly. Evan is dedicated to keeping his company going and is willing to make the necessary sacrifices to make it happen. He is very focused on business until he meets Wren. I thought that these two characters had fantastic chemistry and their relationship felt really authentic.

This book has so many elements that I enjoyed. I loved the fact that there was a good amount of humor worked into this story. I was actually laughing out loud as I read certain passages and had a big grin on my face through much of the story. I also liked the bit of mystery in the story. I had a feeling that something was going to happen but I was never quite sure what it would be. There were a few pretty exciting moments before this book was over.

Tara Langella has easily made her way onto my list of favorite narrators with this book. She really brought this story to life through her narration. Her voices for Wren, Evan, and the other characters were all incredibly varied and full of emotion. I thought that the special effects that occasionally showed up during phone calls and other similar events really added a nice touch to the overall audio production. I think that the quality of the narration really added to my overall enjoyment of the book.

I would recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance. This is the third book in the O'Brien Family series but I thought it worked perfectly as a stand alone. This was a wonderful romance filled with fantastic characters that really had me wanting to see them find their happily every after. I can't wait to read more from Cecy Robson.

I received a review copy of this audiobook from the author via Caffeinated Services.

Initial Thoughts
I loved this book! I may end up bumping my rating up a star once I have a chance to process this story. Evan and Wren were great together and I loved the fact that they didn't play a lot of games with each other. I thought that the humor added a really nice element to the story. I listened to the audiobook and the narrator, Tara Langella, did an amazing job with the story. I thought that the audio production was really top notch with a few special effects for phone calls really taking everything to a new level.