carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

What You Do to Me by Barbara Longley

What You Do to Me - Barbara Longley

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I liked this book and had a lot of fun with it. I really didn't know a whole lot about the book but when I saw that it was offered through Prime Reading at Amazon, I decided to give it a try. It was a really quick listen for me and I was able to get through the whole book in just a couple of days. It wasn't perfect but it had some really great moments that made the overall experience quite enjoyable.

One thing that I had to get past with this book was the initial set up. Sam becomes well known as the handyman offering a few more personal services. I was quite amused by how things started until Haley's mother got involved. Haley's mother sends Sam to work on Haley's house and requests his personal touch. What mother does that? Every mother I know would do everything in their power to prevent such a thing from happening. It just felt odd to me but I went with it and just had fun watch Sam and Haley.

I really liked Sam and Haley together. They both had some pretty big issues to work through and I thought that they were really good for each other. I love how Haley confides in Sam and takes his advice. Sam really had a hard time opening up to other but he was very drawn to Haley. I wish that Sam could have worked through some of his issues a little quicker and saved both of them some heartache but everything worked out in the end.

I think that this is the second time that I have listened to Teri Clark Linden and I thought she did a good job with the book. Her voice was very pleasant to listen to for hours at a time and she was able to bring a lot of emotion to the story. I thought that the character voices that she used were all very well done. I wouldn't hesitate to listen to more of her work in the future.

I would recommend this book to others. It was a fun romance that had the happily ever after that I wanted to see. This was the first book by Barbara Longley that I have had the chance to read but I look forward to more in the future.

Initial Thoughts
So the initial set up for the story is a little odd but kind of funny. The book kind of grew on me as I listened to it. Sam and Haley were adorable together. I didn't completely get Sam's reasoning when it came to avoiding relationships but everything worked out in the end. This is only the second time that I have listened to Teri Clark Linden's narration and it did take me a while to get used to her with this book. I would probably rate this one 3.5 stars but am rounding up for now.

Source: borrowed from Amazon Prime Reading