carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

White Trash Zombie Unchained by Diana Rowland

White Trash Zombie Unchained - Diana Rowland
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I had such a good time with this book! I am so glad that I happened upon this series because I have really grown to love Angel and the rest of the gang over the course of the series. I have been looking forward to listening to this book ever since it was released and it turned out to be just as good as I had hoped it would be.

This is the sixth book in the White Trash Zombie series which should really be read in order since each installment builds on the previous books. This book picks up shortly after the events of the last book. Angel is healed and working on getting her life back together. Unfortunately, some of the events from the past are still causing some problems. Big problems. It seems that the town is dealing with an epidemic outbreak of shamblers and the problem is quickly getting worse.

I love Angel. Her character has really grown over the course of the series and it has been a lot of fun to watch her figure out how she wants to live her life. Angel is incredibly smart and resourceful. She also cares deeply for her friends and the population in general and feels a responsibly to protect others. She even does really well when dealing with characters that are trying to be difficult because she is able to keep a focus on what is really important. I really enjoy being in her head as she tries to figure things out as much as I enjoy the action packed scenes.

Allison McLemore does a fantastic job with this whole series. I know that I liked this entire series a bit more because I decided to go the audio route. The narrator really takes this story to a new level. Angel really comes to life through the narration and I thought she did an equally good job with all of the other character voices. I think that the narrator was able to put a lot of emotion into the story and made things more exciting overall.

I would highly recommend this series to others. The entire series is just a whole lot of fun. I did feel like this book's ending felt a little more final than the previous installments but I have my fingers crossed that we will see more of Angel very soon.

Initial Thoughts
As I expected, I had a good time with this one. Angel is such a great character and it is just a lot of fun to spend time with her. The narration was excellent as always. This is definitely a series that should be read in order since a lot of events from previous books come into play in this installment. I thought that the end of the book felt just a little more final than usual but I am really hoping that there will be more of this series very soon.

Book source: Audible purchase