Reed by Sawyer Bennett

Reed (Cold Fury Hockey) - Sawyer Bennett, Cris Dukehart, Graham Halstead

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I really enjoyed this book! It probably comes as no surprise to anyone that follows my reviews that I love this series. I jumped into the series with the second book and have looked forward to each new book. I have yet to be disappointed. I decided to listen to the audio this time around since I wasn't sure when I would have the chance to sit down and actually read the book. This audiobook ended up being such a wonderful experience for me.

This book is all about Josie and Reed. Their meeting at the start of the book was not at all what I would have expected and I really wasn't sure how it would play out. Let me tell you that this book takes Josie and Reed from annoyed neighbors to friends to much more than friends with ease. I loved their journey and thought that they really seemed to work well with each other. They are playful with each other and really just enjoy each other's company. I thought that the chemistry between them was very well done.

I loved the characters in this book. Josie is an emergency room doctor so she is used to making tough decisions. She really is a down to earth character that likes simpler things like beer and pizza more than anything else. Reed is just a nice guy. He is in his off season so he is a bit more relaxed and has plenty of free time. At the start of the book, he is dating a string of Barbies but is quickly distracted by his neighbor. I liked how Reed just seemed to know what to do with Josie and I loved how they trusted and respected each other.

I believe that this was my first experience in listening to both Graham Halstead and Cris Dukehart. The book is told from both Reed and Josie's point of view in alternating chapters and I liked the fact that two narrators were used. I thought that they both did a fantastic job with the narration and really made each of the characters come to life. I think that they both did a great job handling all of the character voices and emotions of the story. I definitely plan to look for more of their work in the future.

I highly recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance. This was the tenth book in the Cold Fury Hockey series but it could easily be read as a stand alone since it does tell its own story. We do get a bit of a peek into what is going on in Marek's life in this book and I must say that I am really eager to get my hands on his book in just a few short months.

Initial Thoughts
It comes as no surprise that I enjoyed this book. I have liked all of the books in the series that I have read so far so it was a pretty safe bet for me. Since I wasn't able to get my hands on an ARC for this one, I decided to grab the audio version from the library. I thought it was well done. The initial meeting between Reed and Josie was a little strange but I liked them together more and more as the book progress. I thought that the narrators did a great job. There was enough about Marek in this book to really get me excited for the next one in the series as well.

Book source: Library via Hoopla