carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

The Cowboy Who Came Calling by Linda Broday

The Cowboy Who Came Calling (Texas Heroes) - Linda Broday

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I really liked this book. I first read Linda Broday last year when I decided to pick up the first book in this series, Knight on the Texas Plains, which I ended up loving. I knew as soon as I saw this book that I would have to read it and I am glad that I did. I really had a wonderful time getting to know Glory, Luke, and all the other characters in this story and wanted to see them get their happy ending.

I loved the first meeting between Glory and Luke. Their paths do quickly cross in town but their first real meeting goes horribly wrong when Glory accidentally shoots Luke. She takes him home to tend to his wounds and let him recover. Luke gets to know the Day family pretty quickly since Glory's youngest sister, Patience, like to share whatever comes to her mind. Luke sees how much responsibility is on Glory's shoulders and seems to understand how troubled she is.

I liked the characters in this story quite a bit. Luke was great. He is a really good man that wants to help. He will do the right thing and somehow seems to see things that others may miss. Glory was a strong character. She is tough and does what needs to be done to take care of her family. She has a lot of pride and wants to take care of things herself. It did drive me a bit nuts when she made a big deal of Luke's offer to help because she really needed the help but I understood why she behaved as she did. Glory's sisters, Hope and Patience, were wonderful. Hope was a a hard working girl who was a great support to her sisters and family. Patience was a wonderful child who added more than a few smiles to the story.

I liked Luke and Glory together. I thought that their personalities really seemed to work well together. Luke didn't see Glory's responsibilities as a negative but was happy to take them on himself. Glory didn't always seem to know how to handle Luke and had a lot of doubts but she did care for him. I would have liked to see a bit more of Luke and Glory together. There seemed to be someone around to interrupt them during most of the scenes where they had a moment alone.

I would recommend this book to others. I had a great time reading this wonderful romance filled with fantastic characters. This is the second book in the Texas Heroes series but could easily be read as a stand alone since it tells its own story. I look forward to reading more from Linda Broday very soon.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Sourcebooks Casablanca via NetGalley.

Initial Thoughts
I enjoyed this story. Luke and Glory were both great characters and I thought that the way they came together was exciting. Glory has more than her share of hardships and Luke wants to help as much as he can. Glory's sisters added a lot to the story.