carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

About That Kiss by Jill Shalvis

About That Kiss - Jill Shalvis

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This was great! I am really enjoying this series and this book was no exception. This is the fifth book in the Heartbreaker Bay series but it could easily be read as a stand alone since it does tell its own story. I would warn new readers to the series that you will want to read the other books in this amazing series as soon you finish this one just because you will want to spend a little more time with these amazing characters. I had a lot of fun spending time with the group and watching Joe and Kylie find their happily ever after.

Joe and Kylie are the focus of this book. I have been waiting to read Joe's story since I love his character. I really was curious about what his story was and this book did not disappoint. We get to learn a bit about Joe and Molly's history in this book and it wasn't anything I could have expected. It was great to really get to know Joe. Kylie was also a wonderful character. I thought that her past was just as interesting as Joe's. Neither Joe nor Kylie has had an ideal childhood but they are both strong individuals that have been able to move past it.

I loved Joe and Kylie together. I loved it every single time they were together in this book. The chemistry between them was intense. It wasn't just about the chemistry because they really had fun with each other. It seemed like they were both people that really needed a true friend that they could count on and they filled that role for each other. There were a few more comical moments in the story and I really enjoyed seeing them laugh together.

They mystery in the story was well done. Kylie asks Joe to help her find the wooden penguin that her grandfather gave to her. Sounds easy right? Well, it was anything but easy. This pair spend a lot of time together checking out leads and going on the occasional stake out. Things go wrong from time to time but they are both determined to figure out what is going on.

I would highly recommend this book to others. I found this book to be an absolute delight to read and I couldn't get enough of Joe and Kylie. I can't wait to watch another couple find love in Heartbreaker Bay!

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Avon Books via Edelweiss.

Initial Thoughts
Joe and Kylie. I liked them together. They both had a very interesting backstory and they seemed to really click with each other.